Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sing Along Time

Sometimes in life you hear a verse from a song and it might be right for the moment or it might just sweep you back to a memory you have tried to forget. I was sitting at my desk this morning and I heard:

Easy by the Commodores

'Know it sounds funny but I just can't stand the pain,
Girl, I'm leavin' you tomorrow,
Seems to me girl you know I've done all I can,
You see I've beg, stole and I've borrowed.

Verse is very fitting for right now. Then I pondered some other verses that might fit as well:

Foolish Heart by Steve Perry

Feelin that feelin again
Playin a game I can't win
Love's knockin on the door
Of my heart once more
Think I'll let her in
Before I begin

Scars by Papa Roach

I'm drunk and I'm feeling down
And I just wanna be alone
You shouldn't ever come around
Why don't you just go home?
Cause you're drowning in the water
And I tried to grab your hand
And I left my heart open
But you didn't understand

And then I thought, "who the fuck comes up with this stuff?"

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing