Sunday, November 2, 2008

Again

I was minding my own business when the word again popped into my mind. I sounded it out just as you learn to in first grade, "uh-gain". I have never thought of the use of this word as a positive but always used it negatively. Examples:

The toliet is clogged, again.
The dog ate her bed, again.
My car needs gas, again.

You can see where I am going with this. As I thought about the word and kept repeating it, I turned it around, a-gain. For example:

I received a Christmas bonus, it was a-gain.
I made a new friend, A true GAIN.
I saw my dad today for the first time in a year, is a-gain

See how just saying the word differently brings to light an entirely different situation?

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing