Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Magical & Majestic


What do you define as magical or majestic? Maybe you think its Harry Houdini or Natural Instincts Spiced Tea wash-out hair color. When I think of something magical I think of snow. Pure, white, falling, soft & cold. I lived in West Texas for 2.5 years. During that stretch of time I saw it snow three times. Real snow. Not the sporatic and light blanketing we have here in South Alabama but inches of it! My first snow, I sat at the front door, the back door and then finally I just sat on the back porch and watched it fall. Everything was covered in a magnificent white quilt. It looked like someone had poured boxes of baking soda everywhere. I dressed the dogs and myself in our "star" suits and mittens and we built snowmen and then drank hot chocolate the rest of the day. It was so amazing. The last snow I saw was in late October of 2003. I was high in the Davis Mountains and if you've never seen snow on a mountain then I encourage you to do so. The air was so brisk it would take your breath.

For Majestic - I think of wild mustangs. Horses are already majestic and regal but to see them run wild and free? Flowing manes, hooves sounding like thunder, magnificent naying, galloping as fast they can in a vast open plain with nothing to hinder them. Just going and going. Can you imagine?

How lucky are we to live in a world that allows us these two simple things
that we can experience for free?

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing