Tuesday, May 27, 2008

End of the World?


I have discovered the date for the end of our world - it is December 21, 2012. The date has to do with the end of the Mayan long calendar. Alot of astronomy (stars) and astrology (numbers)is associated with the new end of time date. There are thousands and thousands of web links telling us to get ready, telling of prophecies that are coming true as I write this. Past end of time dates have never phased me but I think I might be sold on this one. Should this really be our date of destruction what should I do with my next 4 1/2 years? I will be 4 days shy of my 38th birthday on 12/21/2012 which means that right now my biological clock is ticking. Should I bring a child into this world when death will meet it in 4 years? Should I quit my job and join the peace corp? Climb Mt. Everest? Should I throw myself at the feet of Nikki Sixx and tell him of our impending doom and tell him the fate of the world lies between us? Should I complete my lists of things to do before I die now and save nothing for later? There is so much to do and so little time! Some of the links to the end of the world give lists of supplies: gas masks, water purification tablets, crank radios and so on. There is no mention of clean underwear, Spam and chapstick. There is mention of 112 popes to serve before doomsday - #111 is serving now. Coinicedence? Revelations tells of the world ending in feverent fire. Could global warming be the first of this prophecy? The weather patterns are crazy all over the world. Could this be a sign of the planets aligning? There are so many obscure things to read about and so many that are just dead on. The information is out there its just a matter of believing it. Its scary and overwhelming. Its true I could be hit by a bus today or have a safe fall on me tomorrow but at least I WOULDN'T be expecting it.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing